This morning, north of Boston, we woke to our first snow of 2012.
Thankfully it was only a dusting, but road surfaces were slick and frozen.
This got me thinking it’s time for Johnson & Rohan’s annual:
Winter Driving Tips:
- Adjust your speed to the current conditions.
- Antiicpate difficult situations.
- Maintain a comfortable driving environment.
- Turn on your lights.
- While driving at night, leave your head lamps on low beam when driving in snow or fog.
- Keep a smooth and light touch on the brakes for normal braking.
- Keep both hands on the wheel.
- Don’t oversetimate the capability of four wheel drive vehicles.
- Anti-lock brakes can’t perform miracles.
- Wear quality sunglasses.
- When driving up a steep hill in icy conditions, gain speed and momentum before starting uphill.
- If you do have trouble, and become stopped or stranded, run the engine only briefly – not continuously – to run the heater.