Distracted driving is the most common cause of accidents.
The most common distraction is texting or looking at your cell phone.
The National Insurance Highway Institute describes 3 types of distractions:
- Visual – taking your eyes off the road;
- Manual – taking your hands off the wheel; and
- Cognitive – taking your mind off what you’re doing.
In order to best avoid distractions: put away any device that might tempt you to stray away from the driving task at hand.
If you have kids in the car, make sure they are securely in their safety seats before departing.
If you have a long road trip in front of you, make sure you are well rested and alert.
Getting in an auto accident can be a very scary thing.
Johnson & Rohan Insurance has some suggestions …
What to Do if you get in an Accident:
- Be Courteous.
- Stay Calm.
- Your interest will be served best if you are courteous and engage in no controversy at the scene of the accident.
- If there is significant damage to any of the vehicles or any potential injuries call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Get the names of the owners and drivers involved.
- Get license numbers, telephone numbers, and registration numbers.
- Get the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of witnesses.
- Express no opinion as to who was at fault.
- Give no information except for as required by the authorities.
- Do not sign any statements unless required by authorities.
- For prompt claims call or e-mail Johnson & Rohan Insurance!
For more information about Johnson & Rohan Insurance services please give us a call or a click!