Insuring your home properly

The Coverage A, Dwelling, on your home insurance policy should represent the Replacement Cost, or pure construction cost, of your home.

This is the amount of money that it would take to rebuild if you were to suffer a total loss. Land, driveway & foundation costs should not be considered.

This amount is usually very different than your home’s market value. If you have had any renovations, improvements or additions done to your home you should have us increase your Dwelling amount.

Please call us if you would like to review your home’s Coverage A, Dwelling, amount.

Leave a Reply