The Blizzard of ’13 is bearing down on us, Johnson & Rohan Insurance offers some safety tips:
- Check your supplies.
- Make sure you have a snow shovel and ice melt to keep walkways clear and safe.
- Check that you have sufficient heating fuel for your home and fuel for your generator, if you have one.
- If you will be using a fireplace or wood-burning stove, you should have a good supply of dry, seasoned wood.
- Have warm clothing and blankets on hand and stock non-perishable food items and necessary medications to last you and your family several days.
- Get ready for a power outage. Turn your heat up now and close off any rooms that are not in use.
- Check pipe insulation and allow water to run at a trickle to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Charge your battery-powered electronic and communications devices.
- Get out your flashlights, batteries, first aid kit and other emergency supplies.
- Don’t drive or go out unless absolutely necessary.
- Test all of your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to ensure they work properly.
- Do not let candles burn unattended, and keep them away from combustibles.
- Check on your elderly or disabled neighbors, friends and families.
- Enjoy your family! Sometimes storms render the best family time memories.
Johnson & Rohan Insurance hopes everyone has a warm and safe Blizzard of ’13.
Claim reporting is available 24 hours per day/ 7 days per week. If you want to report a claim during off hours, have your policy number ready and call:
Premier/ Travelers: 1-877-425-2466
Safety Insurance: 1-866-906-5016
Vermont Mutual: 1-800-435-0397
You can also report online: